Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Butter

Pumpkin Butter
Yesterday I started the Pumpkin Butter and today it is done. I will put some in jars as gifts, some will go in the freezer and for this morning I made oatmeal for breakfast and added Pumpkin Butter to it. It is very good and I wished I had known about this dish before. None the less it will become a staple at our home.
Pumpkin is very good for you too it has all kinds of antioxidants and wonderful stuff for your eyesight and loads of potassium.

I made quite a bit of this so I have to round up some canning jars and start to work.

PUMPKIN BUTTER
2 Pumpkins around 3 lbs each
Cut in half  and remove the seeds
Spread a light coating of oil over the skin of the pumpkins
and place cut side down on a sheet pan
cook in a 400 degree oven for 60 minutes
Rest the pumpkin halves for another 60 minutes
Remove the insides of the pumpkin and place in a crock pot
ADD  1 Cup of Brown Sugar
and
2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cook on LOW

OVERNIGHT in the crockpot
Enjoy

as you can see from the photo above I had my first serving of Pumpkin Butter
on top of my oatmeal this morning... yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment